Saturday, May 06, 2006

Things that make you go hmmmmm...

Found this on publicsafetytalk.com
I am sure a lot of us have seen both sides of this...

I'LL SHOW YOU A VOLUNTEER

Show me a person who spends endless hours in training without pay, And, I'll show you a volunteer.

Show me a person where a cry for help brings split-second dispatch, And, I'll show you a volunteer.

Show me a person who is devastated when lives are lost or maimed, And, I'll show you a volunteer.

Show me a person who is graciously welcomed as a next-door neighbor, And, I'll show you a volunteer.

Show me a person who takes ridicule more than compliments, And, I'll show you a volunteer.

Show me a person whose car is garaged with the grille facing out, And, I'll show you a volunteer.

Show me a person who sacrifices home life, TV... even tender moments, And, I'll show you a volunteer.

Show me a person visibly moved at the strains of our National Anthem, And, I'll show you a volunteer.

Show me a person who may be asked to give more than just dedication, And, I'll show you a volunteer.

Show me a person who is asked to give more... and more... and more, And, I'll show you a volunteer


Show me someone who has no life and I'll show you a volunteer.

Show me someone who looks forward to people crashing their cars, and I'll show you a volunteer.

Show me someone who believes that 120 hours of training is sufficient to provide treatment to critically injured or ill patients, and I'll show you a volunteer.

Show me a guy with flip flops, shorts, a t-shirt and of course a stethoscope, and I'll show you a volunteer.

Show me someone who has a $3,000 light bar on a $1.500 1987 Chevette, and I'll show you a volunteer.

Show me the guy with so many bumperstickers and window decals they can barely see behind them, and I'll show you a volunteer.

Show me an ambulance with so many crew members on board there's barely enough room for the patient, and I'll show you a volunteer ambulance.

Show me three medical calls go through unanswered and 5,000 people come out of the woodwork for a "good trauma", and I'll show you a volunteer system.

Ask me why EMS is so low paid, and I'll show you a volunteer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home